For organizing of webinars and other online meetings, our Faculty offers a Google Hangout Meet application.
(For large lectures (over 100 students) MS Teams must be used, supported by the University. Connect to https://www.microsoft.com/cs-cz/microsoft-teams/log-in using faculty email.)
Any employee or student of the Faculty can create (using the faculty email account) at https://meet.google.com/ a new Meet room or join a room created by others just by using its web address.
To run the application, no special software is needed, only a web browser (Google Chrome recommended, Firefox might also work). A webcam is required if you want to share video, speakers or headphones if you wish to hear others. If you want to talk to others some microphone is needed - either on the webcam, or with the headphones, or completely standalone. Tablets or smartphones can also be used.
For troubleshooting Meet problems see https://support.google.com/meet/answer/7380413?hl=en&authuser=1&ref_topic=7290455
Especially the Powerpoint related instructions might be important for presenters - in short: Share your whole screen before launching a presentation in Play or Slide Show mode. If you are using more screens/monitors, start the Powerpoint Slide Show mode first and only then share in the Meet the screen on which is the full presentation shown. Use Alt-Tab (or Win-Tab) keyboard shortcut to switch between full screen applications (Powerpoint / Meet).
Presenting in PDF might be easier.
The addresses of Meet room for webinars (Google Meet or MS Teams):
- PhD students webinar https://meet.google.com/gcd-jvsf-qjg
- Organocatalysis (prof. Kočovský) https://meet.google.com/wyz-szbm-idj
- Organic Chemistry of Biological Processes (prof. Kočovský) https://meet.google.com/uvv-mffd-rju
- Organic Chemistry I (b) (prof. Kočovský): MS Teams
- Organic chemistry for non-chemical field of study (dr. Míšek) https://meet.google.com/nez-uxun-tix
- Chemical Informatics (Jindřich) https://meet.google.com/aip-wwvo-xzv
- Seminar of Medicinal Chemistry MC270C77 (Jindřich) https://meet.google.com/ppu-upqc-ezn
- Supramolecular Chemistry (Jindřich) https://meet.google.com/wit-rpcd-vzd
- Seminar of Organic Chemistry I (a) MC270P80 (Jindřich) https://meet.google.com/wbm-mgbh-zaa
Please "Sign in" (the link is in the top right corner of the Meet window) using your faculty email account before "Joining" the meeting. If you are not signed in, somebody who already joined the room will have to let you in.
Alternative webinar rooms
Due to problems which appear sometimes with connection to the Google Meets rooms, the alternative free and very simple to use service 8x8.vc can be used.
Here are the addresses of alternative webinar rooms (if the above Google Meet rooms do not work, each teacher has its own room for lectures):
- (if somebody is missing, the room is named in the similar way)